Mon - Fri : 9:00AM – 5:00PM
+1 (416) 639-2655

Visitors Visa (Super Visa, Transit Visa) and Canadian Citizenship

As a visitor to Canada you are required to apply and obtain a visa before appearing at any Port of Entry (POE) unless exempted otherwise. If you should obtain a Canadian visa and successful, you will be required to present the visa at when you appear at a Port of Entry (POE). Since March 2016, all foreign nationals travelling by air are required to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if they are coming from a visa-exempt country.

You must take the necessary procedures to obtain a Canadian visitor’s visa, which is usually a two-step process.

  1. As a foreign national you are to submit a visa application to the Canadian Embassy in your country or region where you currently live. Upon submitting your application you might be asked to attend an interview depending on your country of residence. During the interview a visa officer will verify your application and identify and the reasons why you are visiting Canada. They may also verify or inquire about your willingness to leave Canada within your visa validity period and your complete acceptability to Canada.
  2. Upon getting your visit visa you can then land in Canada at any Port of Entry (POE) where an immigration officer will interrogate you and confirm admissibility.

Your visitor’s visa may be for multiple entries or a single entry use. A single entry visa can be issued for up to six months before the individual’s expected date of travel. The maximum validity date for a multiple entry visitor visa is up to five years or more or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport/re-entry visa, whichever is usually earlier. Port of Entry (POE) officers will normally allow entry for a period of up to six months to a person applying for entry as a visitor.

If you already have a profile in process it does not prohibited you from applying for a Canadian temporary resident visa.